Well enough of my musings..., What can we make for this week's Tastey Tuesday? I am still thawing out from my week in DC...,
I would love to warm up with this and rub up against and definitely lay all up under, around and over THIS ....,
BTW...., I know some of you would rather heat things up with Ms. Good , and Ms. Ford or even get schooled by The One and Only Foxy Brown ..., but alas before we can rub noses or massage body parts we need to take care of our internal engine...., How about an old fashioned CHICKEN SOUP....,
Now, Now..., Don't give me that look , we need some ole school to fortify us for the winter months....LOL, but I think I could put a little zing in here for you.
CHICKEN GUMBO SOUP
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3 chicken breasts, deboned, cooked, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen okra
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- In a large soup pot, add all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until all vegetables and rice are tender.4
- Remove bay leaf and serve.